In This Pandemic
Lessons learned in this pandemic
Are too numerous to mention.
These lessons aren’t academic;
They’ve grabbed our full attention.
These lead to new perspectives.
Open minds and quiet reflection
Make learning more effective.
Lives transformed before our eyes,
With changing attitudes.
Grievances meet their demise,
Replaced by grateful moods.
Thanks for heroes that arise
To meet the crisis square.
And thanks for neighbors, kind and wise,
Just for being there.
… by Jim Boeglin
Many Spanish Wells residents appear to be utilizing this historic time to exercise and stay healthy. Walkers, joggers, and bikers exceed motorized traffic. In addition to joining the walkers and bikers, Jim has been using this quiet time to write his 4th book. Unlike the first 3 books, this is a book of poetry which he intends to have available in the Fall.
The residential real estate market in Southwest Florida, and Spanish Wells, has been relatively quiet. Some pending transactions have been cancelled due primarily to the impact of the coronavirus on the economy. However, some activity continues, and we are hopeful that there will be pent up demand as the economy re-opens in the coming months.
Turning to the current market activity, there were 6 closed sales during April and an additional 9 homes are under contract and pending closing. A total of 28 homes (including condos) remain on the market for sale. In comparing January through April home sales to last year over the same period, this year appeared to be off to a very good start: 30 homes sold in 2020 vs 24 homes in 2019. Many of those 30 homes went under contract before Covid-19 became the serious issue it is today. When we reach the end of the 2nd quarter, and look back to that same period in 2019, we will expect to find the number of homes sold will have declined. So far however, Spanish Wells is “holding it’s own”!
Following are the neighborhood statistics for the Spanish Wells Community as of the end of April, 2020:
Single Family Homes in Original Spanish Wells
• 10 homes listed (2% of 495 total) with prices ranging from $409,900 to $650,000
• In the last 12 months 31 of these homes have sold for an average price of $437,952 or $190 per square foot
Single Family Homes in Marbella
• 1 home listed (1% of 86 total) priced at $480,000
• In the last 12 months 5 of these homes sold for an average price of $392,000 or $169 per square foot
Lake Club Villas
• 4 homes listed (4% of 104 total) with prices ranging from $412,500 to $500,000
• In the last 12 months 2 of these homes sold for an average price of $486,000 or $199 per square foot
• 2 home listed (2% of 128 total) with prices ranging from $499,900 to $547,770
• In the last 12 months 11 of these homes sold for an average price of $595,409 or $246 per square foot
Marbella Carriage and Coach Homes
• 7 homes listed (4% of 192 total) with prices ranging from $235,000 to $279,900
• In the last 12 months 13 of these homes sold for an average price of $256,915 or $146 per square foot
Marbella Three Story Condos
• 1 homes listed (1% of 64 total) priced at $225,000
• In the last 12 months 2 of these homes sold for an average price of $244,000 or $120 per square foot
Las Brisas Condos, Coach Homes, Villas, etc.
• 3 homes listed (1% of 210 total) with prices ranging from $264,900 to $299,000
• In the last 12 months 12 of these homes sold for an average price of $264,067 or $169 per square foot
• 0 homes listed
• In the last 12 months 5 of these homes sold for an average price of $183,200 or $140 per square foot
In this time of challenge, all of us need to be aware of neighbors possibly in need of help. Let’s make the kindness-virus stronger than the coronavirus and weather this storm together.
Very few communities in Southwest Florida can match the location of Spanish Wells.
Our community is located midway between Naples and Fort Myers, close to world-class beaches (now open again, with limitations), I-75, and the airport. Three gates provide easy access to Bonita Beach Road and Old 41.
If you are looking online for a new home right now, you may want to visit the Boeglin
Team website at www.boeglinteam.com. Under the “Communities” menu item at the top, you may access many golf and non-golf communities in our area. If you are specifically interested in what Spanish Wells currently has to offer in homes for sale, CLICK HERE to browse through the options. If you are planning to BUY or SELL in the near, or even not-so-near future, call Jan, Jim, Grif or Fred for counsel and advice during these uncertain times.